Oh Eddies Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe:
- One turkey (any weight)
- Two oranges (one cut in slices, one for grating zest)
- Set slices aside, add orange peel/zest to spices below:
- 3/4 pound butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP onion powder
- 2 TBSP Lowry’s seasoning
- 1 TBSP black pepper
- 1 TBSP dried thyme & rosemary
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 16oz jar Oh Eddies whiskey bourbon sauce
Mix all ingredients except pineapple juice and Oh Eddies sauce.
Take half of butter mixture and spread it under the turkey skin along with orange slices. Use the other half of mixture over the turkey skin. Stuff cavity with leftover orange wedges from the zested orange. Put turkey in oven bag with two cups of pineapple juice, then inside of turkey pan with cover. Cook at 225F until internal temp reaches 160F or higher. Finish by brushing turkey with Oh Eddies sauce.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
- 1 Bag of Yukon Gold potatoes cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup half & half added a little at a time until thickened
Set aside when finished heating in microwave. Add 1/2 stick of butter before serving.
Take turkey out of bag and pan. Set on cutting board. Use all juices from turkey and bring to a boil. Mix corn starch with water and add a little at a time to ensure proper thickness, but be sure not to add too much at one time. If this happens, heat up chicken broth to thin it out. Also if you need more liquid, add a little pineapple, orange juice or 7up. Heat up Oh Eddies sauce for dipping pleasures.
Oh Eddies Stuffing:
- 1 pound cooked Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage
- 1 pound applewood smoked bacon diced and cooked
- 1 large diced onion
- 1 cup of diced celery
- 1 or 2 bags of bread crumbs depending on serving size
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 cup diced honey crisp apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 32 oz chicken broth
Mix ingredients and bake 40 minutes.